Simply put 1-2 teaspoons of your chosen blend into the basket, drop it into your cup, pour freshly boiled water over, and then let it infuse for 5-10 minutes. When the infusion is ready, remove the basket from the cup and use the lid as a drip tray. Simple as that!
We looked for the best brewing basket we could find, and chose the Finum basket for several reasons:
- Dishwasher safe and durable
- Suitable for teapots and mugs
- Extra-fine stainless steel micro mesh means no leaves get in the drink
- Allows extra room for leaves to expand and impart full flavour
- Lid and handle stay cool when brewing
- Non-metal frame and so won’t rust (some that we tested began to rust after a few months)
- Can also be used for tea, coffee, and herbs
If you’re looking to brew more than a cup at a time, then there are some great loose leaf tea pots available online. One of the best and most affordable ones we found was this one on Amazon.co.uk.